Sunday, April 24, 2011

Breakthrough!

So...I've realized something very profound. Well, it is to me, at least.
When I'm going through a depression, I have no patience for the people that ask the most of me. There are 2 people in my life that seem to need me more than I need them. Always asking for more of me. I'm not saying that I never need them or that they've not been there for me. If I asked them to, they would be.
I can hide most of my disdain behind humor, but my tone and demeanor changes when I am around them and I can't imagine that they don't feel it. My responses are short and snappish and full of sarcasm. Do I just go with it or do I try to rise above and be more patient with them? It's not really their fault that I'm depressed. It's just that when I am going through it, I am very selfish and I can only think of myself. It's not how I usually am.
But, now that I am aware of it, I can work on it, because now I know and knowing is half the battle.
Aloha

No comments:

Post a Comment